Depression and Low Self esteem Relation!!
This article will give you some idea bout the relation between Depression and Low Self esteem. Beside that you will also know, how awfully they can control our life.
Lets start with…
Relation between depression and low self esteem-
Most of the time, among depressed persons and persons with low self esteem have one thing in common and and they almost think alike in broader sense . Psychologists named it “Negative Triad”.
What are these Negative Triad?
- Usually depressed people have negative ideas or thoughts about themselves, or you can say, they have poor self image.
- Usually they thinks that people are generally cruel and rejecting, and world is a cruel place.
- they have bad thought about their future or they are pessimistic about their future or everything.
Low self esteem is most closely linked to the first one of the Negative Triad – Negative Thoughts about the Self. But, on average, people with low self esteem tend to be more pessimistic about other people and the future too.
Whatever, the relation between depression and low self esteem both are harmful for us.
Depression is a mental disorder characterized by an all-encompassing low mood accompanied by low self-esteem, and loss of interest or pleasure in normally enjoyable activities. -According to Wikipedia,
Depression is a serious illness that can take a terrible toll on individuals and families. Untreated depression can result in emotional, behavioral and health problems that affect every area of your life. Complications associated with depression can include:
- Work or school problems
- Relationship difficulties
- Alcohol abuse
- Substance abuse
- Social isolation
- Family conflicts
- Heart disease and other medical conditions
- Suicide or suicidal thinking
In the United States, approximately 3.4% of people with clinical depression commit suicide, and up to 60% of people who commit suicide have depression or another mood disorder- Wikipedia
Related articles- about depression and low self esteem:
About depression (up coming)
- Who Are in risk to have this awful Depression
- What are the Depression symptoms in children and teens.
- Depression symptoms in older adults
- When to see a doctor or If one have suicidal thoughts what to do
About low self esteem