Symptoms Of Low Self Esteem
Symptoms of low self esteem and its possible solutions….
7 most significant symptoms of low self-esteem are listed below. Yes there are lot other symptoms but these symptoms have ability to cause us a huge harm than other symptoms of low self esteem. Here you will also know about the possible solutions for low self esteem .
Table of content
- Symptoms of low self esteem
- Solutions for low self esteem
Symptoms of Low self esteem are-
Fears is one of the most common symptoms of low self esteem.
One’s fear can go crazier day by day …
- Fear of making mistakes
- Whether people are thinking badly about him,
- Whether people are gossiping about him
- whether his secrets are being revealed by others
- He fears even being himself.
- Fear of disapproval from the significant others.
- This list can go on and on…
Fear and low self esteem goes hand in hand and problem is, our low self esteem is not stable in one position… generally it goes down day by day, if it is not checked. So the fears also can go more deeper with it. By the way, you can read more about-‘how our low self esteem increases day by day or remain latent but become more influential or strong in our life.
Guilt or Unforgiving:^
It is the most harmful symptoms of low self esteem among the other symptoms and it often takes the form of self-torture. Some time it makes our actions as not forgivable and our lacking are irrecoverable or as permanent and make us think it is absurd to have improvement in near future.
‘It has been found that people with high self-esteem will be more forgiving than people with low self-esteem.’ Source Wikipedia
Being not happy or depressed, sad for long time is one of the big symptoms of low self esteem. They may have problem with thinking, interacting with people or sleep problems or other physical problems too.
Being Too Hard On Oneself^
It is one of the common symptoms of low self esteem is becoming too hard on oneself and this can manifest itself in the form of constantly berating oneself about not being up to the mark; especially when confronted with failures. A person who has self esteem problem will also not be in a good position to believe in one and this can become contagious and affect those in close touch with the concerned individual.
They have unrealistic expectation to other peoples and themselves and their standard is so high that it is sometime hard for any people to fulfill the expectations or maintain that standard every single time. They think those who could not meet the standard, are not worthwhile to acknowledge or reward or forgivable.
Body image problem:^
It’s one of the common problem among lot of peoples with low self esteem.
Some facts of body image are
- If Barbie was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.
- Models 20 years ago weighed 8% less than the average woman. Today they weigh 23% less than the average woman.
- 2. 7% of 12 Th grade males have used steroids in order to become more muscular.
list can go on and on.
Believing that the world is a ‘bad place’^
Our world is often a mirror of what we think of ourselves. most of the people with low self esteem has common thinking is that world is a bad place or God is unfair to them- But the world has both good and bad aspects. We usually do not take the things as it is and generally most of we have a tendency to level things or event with good or bad.
Solutions for low self esteem problems
- one can read affirmation, do meditation, hypnosis , use self esteem worksheets, or take live help from experts or take therapy as he prefers.
- Beside that one can see inspirational videos, read books or self esteem articles.
- You also can subscribe to our site to get weekly inspirational self esteem tips and worksheets.
Solution for low self esteem